Are you detail-oriented? Do you have a knack or interest in marketing/promotion? Do know a thing or two about using social media to raise awareness about events? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we want you to join our team!
We are looking for students to be part-time Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) Course Promoters. You do not need to have any knowledge of the MCAT or medical school.
Your main objectives are to drive attendance to our free pre-med information seminars and generate interest in our MCAT prep course. You’ll also help with the successful and smooth running of our pre-med seminars.
The position pays $16/hour plus performance bonuses, and full training is provided.
This is a great opportunity for students to learn and hone their marketing and operations skills. Past MCAT Course Promoters have relished the opportunity to raise awareness about our service on their campus and gain valuable business experience while making money and new friends.
- Flexible work schedule tailored to your class schedule
- Work on campus
- Valuable hands-on business experience
- Recommendation letter to enhance future prospects
- Discounts on our prep sessions for midterms and exams (if offered at your school) and MCAT prep course
- Promote our pre-med seminars by flyers, posters, class announcements, chalkboarding, and social media
- Run promotional booths on campus (flexibility around your schedule)
- Help run seminars (speakers and classroom arranged by Prep101) by checking in attendees and providing excellent customer service
Ideal candidates will possess most of the qualities below:
- Science major
- Knowledgeable about the MCAT (preferred but not required)
- Speak fluent English and possess excellent communication skills
- Extroverted with advanced social networking skills
- Self-motivated with excellent project and time management skills
- Experience in sales, marketing, promotion, advertising or any retail-related setting (preferred but not required)
- Alberta (Calgary, Edmonton)
- British Columbia (Vancouver, Victoria)
- Manitoba (Winnipeg)
- Nova Scotia (Halifax)
- Ontario (Guelph, Hamilton, Kingston, London, Mississauga, Ottawa, Toronto, Scarborough, Windsor)
- Quebec (Montreal)
We are looking for enthusiastic and dynamic instructors with expertise in one or more MCAT subjects, an aptitude for teaching and a desire to help students reach their full potential.
If you think you have what it takes to excel in the classroom, we want you to join our team!
-$40-$60/hour for teaching
-$20/hour for training
-Performance bonuses based on student evaluations
- Enrolled in or completed graduate or medical degree preferred
- Available to teach part-time during portion of June and/or July with time commitment depending on number of teaching subject(s)
- Previous teaching, tutoring or TA experience at university level is strongly preferred
- Dynamic and polished lecturing skills
- Excellent command of spoken English and outstanding communication skills
- Comfortable lecturing to 30+ students