Why should I take a prep course?
Here are some good reasons for investing in a prep course:
- structure – we know how much time you need to spend on each section, so we keep you on schedule
- proven methods – we know which study methods and exam-writing strategies work, so you don’t have to figure it out for yourself
- focus – we keep you focused on the key concepts and problem-solving skills that are tested on the MCAT, saving you time and effort
- motivation – working with instructors and classmates keeps you motivated
- feedback – dry-run MCATs and in-class exams with individualized feedback tell you where your strengths and weaknesses lie, and help you track your progress
- help from expert instructors – our instructors can clear up anything that’s confusing you, so you’re not left to figure it out on your own
- teamwork – that “we’re all in this together” spirit really helps your morale
What should I look for when choosing a prep course?
There are plenty of MCAT prep courses out there, each with their own philosophy and methods. However, there are three key things to look for when choosing a prep course:
- top-quality instructors
- comprehensive study materials
- well-designed course
How does Prep101 compare with other companies?
What are the unique features of Prep101's prep course?
- 144 hours of classroom instruction – the most comprehensive MCAT prep course in Canada
- Flexible Schedule – Each class offered on a weeknight and again on the weekend. Pick one – or go to both. It’s your call.
- Unlimited Free Repeat Policy – take our course as many times as you want!
- 28 Workshops – 56 hours of classroom time devoted to working through passages and high-yield problem-solving drills and exercises.
- In-Class Exams – 30-minute passage-based mini-exams in every class to reinforce key points in each lesson.
What is the structure of the prep course?
What is the format of the prep course?
What is "flexible" about the schedule?*
We’re the only MCAT prep company that lets students customize their weekly schedule. We present each of our 42 lessons on a weeknight, and again on the weekend. Students can choose to attend either or both classes, depending on their own schedule week to week.
For more information, see Flexible schedule.
*Workshops not included in flexible schedule but included in online lectures.
What is “unlimited” about the free repeat policy*?
Unlike our competitors, you can repeat our prep course any time and as often as you want. No restrictions. No questions asked.
For more information, see Unlimited Free Repeat Policy.
*New course materials and expired practice tests not included.
What course materials are included?
- 6 Study Guides
- 6 Classroom Companions
- 2 Workbooks
- 12 full-length computerized Practice Tests
For more information, see Course Materials.
When do I get my course materials?
Course materials are shipped in the first week of May to students who have paid in full (expect delivery within 5 business days).
What other learning resources are included?
- Online Lectures
- Online Forum
- After-Class Practice Sets
Where can I find more info about the instructors?
When and where are the prep courses?
See Course Calendar.
How do I sign up?
There are 3 ways to register for our MCAT prep course:
- Online – The easiest way is online at Register. VISA, Master Card, Amex and debit cards (except CIBC) are accepted.
- Phone – To sign-up by phone, please call 1 877-878-0882. You can register over the phone using Visa, MasterCard or Amex.
- Mail – To sign-up by mail, please complete the MCAT Registration Form in the Information Package and mail it to: Prep101
MCAT Prep Division
344 Bloor Street West
Ontario M5S 3A7
Registrations by mail must be received at least one week prior to the beginning of your course.
What are my payment options?
You have two payment options:
- Full Payment guarantees your spot and course materials will be shipped to you in early May (expect delivery within 5 business days).
- $100 Deposit guarantees your spot but your course materials will not be shipped to you until you pay the balance.
If I only pay the $100 deposit, when is the balance due?
14 days before the start of the course so we have time to ship course materials to you before classes begin.
If I only pay the $100 deposit, how do I pay the balance?
Log In to our account and select Pay Balance.
What is the refund policy?
- 100% refund if you withdraw at least two weeks before the start of the prep course.
- Prep101 retains the $100 deposit if you withdraw less than two weeks before the start of the prep course.
- 100% refund if the prep course for which you register is full or canceled.
What is the course cancellation policy?
Prep courses must obtain a minimum enrollment in order to proceed.
What is the discount policy?
We grant a maximum of one discount per student per prep course. If you are eligible for multiple discounts, we will honour the discount with the highest dollar value. No new or additional discounts will be granted to registered students after the course starts.
How do I contact Prep101?
See Contact Us.
Compare our MCAT Prep Course: